- Create project directory and setup virtualenv environment in it
mkdir projectfolder cd projectfolder virtualenv env . env/bin/activate
- In Aptana, import project then setup a new Python Interpreter which points to the 'Python executable' in the 'env' folder created by virtualenv command earlier.
Go under 'Preferences -> PyDev -> Interpreter - Python', click 'New...'.
Now browse to your [PROJECT_FOLDER] -> env -> bin and select 'python2.7'.
Change the 'Interpreter Name' to something descriptive like '[PROJECT_FOLDER]-Python' and click 'Ok'.
A 'Selection needed' window will pop-up. Do not touch anything, click 'Ok'.
An 'Error: Python stdlib source files not found' window will pop-up. Click 'Proceed anyways'. Click 'Ok' on preference window.
- In PyDev Package Explorer window, right-click on your project folder and select 'PyDev -> Set as PyDev Project'
- Right-click on project folder again and select 'Properties'.
Go under 'PyDev - Interpreter/Grammer'
Then under 'Interpreter' select the one we setup in step 2, [PROJECT_NAME]-Python.
- Click on 'Ok' and you're all set.
So it all runs pretty good so far, brought to you by the good folks of the 'internets' :)